Rules for Obstacle Challenge Buckle Series
1. Only 1 rider per horse, except that kids competing in the Youth & Junior Divisions may share a horse for the AOCs.
2. Ages for Junior and Youth Divisions will be determined by rider’s age at first ride date (i.e. March 3, 2018).
3. The following equipment is not allowed: tie-
4. All horses must be ridden with a bridle. A Western-
5. Riders must ride in at least 10 of 15 rides on the same horse in order to qualify for the end-
6. All ties will be broken by using total number of plusses first, then score of the hardest obstacle (including plusses), second hardest obstacle, third hardest obstacle, etc.
7. Fall of a horse/rider during the course of an obstacle will result in scores of zero for horse and rider for that obstacle. Fall of a horse/rider while on trail between the time you checkout with the ride-
8. Proper riding attire according to discipline must be worn. No shorts, tennis shoes, etc. Helmets are strongly encouraged especially with minors. Parent or guardian must sign a release indicating choice if minor does not wear a helmet.
9. There will be a lameness check at the end of the ride. Horses with an obvious lameness that would prevent them from being ridden will be disqualified. A slight soreness will not be grounds for disqualification.
10. In case of tie for the buckle, plusses for the 10 qualifying rides will be totaled. If there is still a tie, scores for the same 10 qualifying rides will be totaled.